MGA Standard is an Alice-layout keyboard case.
THIS IS A PRE-SALE PAGE FOR THE INDIVIDUAL PARTS of MGA v3.
The special edition polycarbonate keyboard is the version 3 of the MGA standard project.
This project was created by popular request. Due to the manufacturing cost of polycarbonate and unique design concerns with polycarbonate, this project is being launched as a dual pre-order rolling to in-stock upon release. Perks are being offered for pre-order participants.
This case will accept some Alice PCBs currently available with a USB-C socket oriented underneath the PCB. Of the Sneakbox line of Alice PCBs, version 3 of MGA accepts M4 PCBs, as well as the new M5 PCB with a separate USB socket daughterboard.
- Sold as a pre-order rolling to in-stock, or until max units are sold. Some items are not sold in-stock, such as the Rose Gold MGA V3 base and the v3 Solid brass base.
- See full kit page for more detals:
New features in MGA Version 3:
- Case now supports dual mounting choices:
(1) Sandwich gasket configuration (switchplate suspended between Poron gaskets positioned above and below the switchplate tabs). This mounting method allows for some flexibility of plate travel
(2) Conventional top shell screw-in switchplate mounting as with V1 and V2 versions of MGA.
- Internal case allows more downward "flex" travel of the keys and internal components, especially when paired with polymer plate and gasket-mounted
- New seamless lid-cover design, with a chamfered underside profile.
- Support for two PCB types:
(1) Conventional Alice PCBs with USB-C socket mounted underneath the PCB
(2) New PCBs with separate USB-C socket daughterboard.
Individual Component Notes:
- Top shells are compatible with previous generation MGA V1 and V2, but will not fit flush with bottom shell, as there is a top lid overhang in the new design.
- Bottom Shells:
Combining a v3 bottom shell with V1 and V2 MGA Top is possible. This will fit *approximately* flush. One unique property of adding a v3 base to a V1 or V2 to shell is enabling the use of poron gasket mounting of conventional Alice switchplates! Bottom shells will ship with a pack of MGA v3 poron gaskets.
Note: Keycaps, Key Switches, and Stabilizers shown in product pictures are not included in this sale bundle.
You will need a 2.0mm Hex Screwdriver for assembly of the case
- Earlybird Pre-order (expires 9/24/2022): Get 15% coupon for use at Sneakbox.com on a future purchase, good for 2 years after issuance. Coupon issues upon order fulfillment and will be tied to email address used for preorder.