For those who want a more isolated sound, these gaskets are for you.
These extra-soft Rogers brand Poron® gaskets are designed to replace the standard silicone gaskets that comes with AVA. Two thicknesses of foam are included, the thin ones are for the topside of the switchplate, and the thick ones are for underneath as well as to pad the PCB to soften bottom-out. The foam adds a slight 1mm flex to the current model AVA keyboard, though some flex is limited because of the USB socket cutout at the back of the keyboard. See installation pictures below. These gaskets are likely useful for other keyboard projects as well!
INTERNATIONAL BUYERS: USE THIS PRODUCT LINK INSTEAD: https://sneakbox.com/collections/frontpage/products/international-buyers-poron-gasket-pack-for-ava
One order unit includes:
- 10 pieces (5mmx10mm each) 1mm Extra-soft Rogers Poron
- 20 pieces (5mmx10mm each) 3mm Extra-soft Rogers Poron
All included gaskets are lined with 3M adhesive backing.
Strips of gasket are required for proper AVA switchplate installation. These strips are best installed directly on the switchplate tabs (both the topside and bottom side).
One order of gasket silicone should cover one AVA build
See diagrams below:
- Small parcel USPS if bought with other small parcel items. Otherwise UPS within United States. Internationally, this is eligible for shipping US Post First Class if within the dimensions of a standard letter, but if the pricing doesn't show up for you, please contact me!
- Shipping cost based on weight and destination country.
- US Postal Service only to US territories and APO/FPO if other carrier options aren't available.